Vista del Gran Río Térraba y la desembocadura al mar

Vista del Gran Río Térraba  y la desembocadura al mar

sábado, 18 de septiembre de 2010

Andando en bici #2

Today, my friend Roy and I went to the beach riding our bikes. In total, the trip took us 2 hours to get there and return to Cortés. I was pleased that we could complete the trip in such a short time. The beach is called Ventanas, which gets its name from the caves that can be explored when the tide is low. It’s a small, authentic Costa Rican beach, with little to no tourists. It’s one of my favorites. When we got there, we took a 30 minute rest, watching the waves crash against the jagged rocks that jet out from both sides of the beach.

When I met up with Roy at the local pulpería to start the trip, I doubted if he was prepared, as he was wearing sandals, a t-shirt, and shorts without a bottle of water. I was decked out in my biking gear and tennis shoes. We joked that while I prepared for the “viaje”, he prepared for the destination of the “viaje”. I have to say, appearances definitely can be deceiving. He was able to ride up the steep parts of the trip with ease!

Ironically, as I was writing this post another biking friend of mine, Javier, called me asking if I was interested in taking a cycling trip tomorrow to a town called “Punta Mala.” Although my legs are pretty tired from today’s trip, I can’t turn down the opportunity for another adventure!

Carlos

2 comentarios:

  1. So I just noticed the Imperial sign next to one of the stores. Have you had it yet? I remember when I was there that it was the only beer we could find anywhere. I think I have a lighter or something that I kept that says Imperial on it somewhere.

    ResponderEliminar