Vista del Gran Río Térraba y la desembocadura al mar

Vista del Gran Río Térraba  y la desembocadura al mar

viernes, 20 de agosto de 2010

¿Qué se hizo?

So I know it’s been a while since I have posted, but I can assure you it has not been due to a lack of things to say. It’s actually due to a lack of time to sit down and write. These past couple weeks I have been busy with my work. During the first three months of being a volunteer in our community, one of our “jobs” is to write a Community Analysis Tool (CAT), which is basically a research paper on our community. It touches on everything: history, demographics, organizations and groups in the community, geography, etc. I put “job” in parenthesis because for me it wasn’t really a job. I enjoy doing field research. My CAT ended up being 42 pages all in Spanish. I am going to continue editing it throughout my service, as I will always learn something knew about where I live.

I have also been helping out with the local Empresa de Crédito Comunal, which is a type of micro-finance group in my community, teaching English two times a week, and helping out with music classes in a local school. We are almost ready to start giving individual music lessons. Of course, I have gone fishing a few times and taken a couple trips to the local beaches as well. Usually everyday here is an adventure.

In the near future, I’m going to post some blogs in Spanish for my Spanish-speaking audience. Also, be on the lookout for some new pictures. OK. That’s a small update for now.

Solo bueno,
Carlos

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario